Sunday, November 4, 2018

The 23rd Pastor


For the last few years I’ve been thinking of writing a book on pastoral life based on Psalm 23.  My dream has become reality with the publication of The 23rd Pastor: Shepherding in the Spirit of Our Shepherd Lord.  This is not just another how-to book on pastoring.  The book includes some elements of how I go about my pastoral work, but this is a book for the pastor’s soul.  The book combines a lifetime of love for the psalms and for this psalm in particular with my love for pastoring the church.  I take each phrase of the psalm and consider its implications for the pastoral life based on how the Good Shepherd shepherds us.

You’ll see what I mean with the Table of Contents:

1 – A Psalm for the Pastor’s Journey

2 – Shepherd: The Lord is my shepherd

3 – Contentment: I shall not want

4 – Rest: He makes me lie down in green pastures …

5 – Devotion: He restores my soul

6 – Righteousness: He leads me in paths of righteousness …

7 – Shadow: Even though I walk through the valley …

8 – Enemies: You prepare a table before me …

9 – Calling: You anoint my head with oil

10 – Blessing: My cup runs over

11 – Pursuit: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me …

12 – Forever: And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever

I deal seriously with the Scriptures.  I tell stories.  I try encourage, challenge, and inspire newbies and seasoned pastors to be the shepherd God called them to be.  I hope you’ll check it out in paperback and Kindle at Amazon.com.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment